2 अगस्त 2013

SHAPER SHAPED


In days gone by I used to be
A potter who would feel
His fingers mould the yielding clay
To patterns on his wheel;

But now, through wisdom lately-won,
That pride has died away:
I have ceased to be the potter
And have learned to be the clay.
In bygone times I used to be
A poet through whose pen
Innumerable songs would come
To win the hearts of men;

But now, through new-got knowledge
Which I hadn’t had so long,
I have ceased to be the poet
And have learned to be the song.
I was a fashioner of swords,
In days that now are gone,
Which on a hundred battlefields
Glittered and gleamed and shone;

And now that I am brimming with
The silence of the lord,
I have ceased to be sword-maker
And have learned to be the sword.
In other days I used to be
A dreamer who would hurl
On every side an insolence
Of emerald and pearl;

But now that I am kneeling
At the feet of the supreme,
I have ceased to be the dreamer
And learned to be the dream.

---Harindranath Chattopadhyay

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें