15 अप्रैल 2022

'Civil Service Romance'

The Letter 

Subject: Improvement of Bilateral Ties

Dear Miss:
With due respect and humble submission
I beg to welcome you to neighboring section.
I am coming the other day.
early for change
in view of new Boss
and you are also coming up the same stairway.
Power is failing as per schedule
and the lift will not move.
Not even down.
Five floors is no joke for fair sex
but still you are climbing and smiling.
I am sweating but you are glowing.
and becoming very beautiful.
Hitherto also you are pretty
needless to say. This is the face
I am saying to myself
to expedite launching of vessels.
Fair Helen, I am mentally drafting
make me immortal crew member.
You are joining as lower division assistant.
but you are Upper Division lady to me.
I was lower division initially
and rose by dint of good performance
I will teach sweet lady to follow suit
I am thinking at once: how to do
the buttering of boss. 

- Kaiser Hamidul Haq

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें